It is indisputable that the field of digital marketing is a dynamic one. It is continuously evolving, and with it, your digital marketing strategy has to change and grow. In the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, most businesses have struggled to shift online, onto completely virtual platforms. But digital marketing is an essential tool if to want to ensure the consistency of your user base and outreach even in these trying settings.
As this arena is continually transforming, it is crucial to keep an eye on the different trends, their success or failure. Recently, there have been several newer trends that have landed on the topside. So, here we have compiled a list of 10 new trends capturing the attention of digital marketers.
- Product-Focused Videos: This is a relatively new trend that aims to clarify apprehensions or doubts about your products. Most consumers would indeed prefer to purchase a specific product after watching a video. Since you cannot just expect them to understand the product you are selling, these videos will elaborate on the specifications and particulars.
- Social Media Stories: This is a feature provided on most social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. This is certainly useful as you can put up stories of the latest updates, your latest products, important announcements, and much more. You can even use the best grammar checker to optimize your content for social media.
- Video Streaming: Nowadays, live streaming on various social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook is immensely popular. The outreach and power of these platforms can help your business grow like wildfire. With the help of a live stream, you can connect with your users, answer their queries, and add a personal yet professional tone.
- Native Advertising: Since there is a rise in paid advertising, a more significant number of businesses have allocated larger budgets to the sector of native advertising to popularise themselves.
- Wearable Devices: Business owners have to use trends according to their advantage. As one can see that the consumer base for wearable devices is steadily on the rise, they have to utilize the potential of this technology. Both geo-tagging and health trackers are known to use this technology, but its scope is limitless, which marketers have to target.
- Content Generated by the Users Themselves: This is quite a popular trend as its benefits are manifold. First, it saves a lot of time, effort, and money on your marketing, content, and SEO team. Plus, users will have a great deal of trust in content generated by other users like themselves. This will increase the reliability, visibility, and community network of your business.
- Acquiring and Depending on Better Data: As the world becomes increasingly connected and competitive, several businesses have decided to base their statements on better and fact-checked data. This will help bolster your Digital marketing strategy.
- Mobile Focus: Today, it is not just sufficient to have a user-friendly website on the desktop but one that doesn’t work on mobile devices. Thus, a mobile-optimized blog or website is equally important to attract newer customers.
- Podcasts: This might seem like an unusual choice, but the number of people listening to podcasts is staggering. This arena is a potential base for promoting and talking about your business.
- Voice Control: As per statistics, “By 2020, 50% of all searches across the internet will be voice-based.” This means voice command software like Siri, Cortana, and Google Assistant, among many, is on the rise. One difference or critical change to keep in mind is that the pattern of typed searches’ pattern varies from voice searches. Usually, voice more conversational and fluent owing to their vocal nature.
These are the trends that have attracted several digital marketers, and as the owner of an enterprise, you should be aware of these developments for your business’ progress.